Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 9- FOOD INC.

May I suggest that you watch FOOD INC. sometime this week? I was shocked to learn how our food is processed. The way the animals are slaughtered for our consumption. In one slaughter house, 32,000 hogs are killed a day. I am not trying to change the world, I just believe that we need to be educated on what we eat. The movie was very well done. Madison and I both watched it. It was interesting to see that my kids are just now putting together the idea that nuggets once started as a chicken.

I do not think that we need to stop eat all meat completely. I believe that God created animals for our consumptions, but this is not the way. There are local farmers or growers that do this in a safe and humane way.

I would love to hear your input on this. Please check it out. Again, it was interesting and some what disturbing. Education is the real point to everything. Going into decisions with the facts makes life a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment