Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 12 - Sushi, kind of


I am trying out some new recipes. You will find this one at the bottom of this post,. A gift from me to you! I found a great book on cooking raw for 1-2 people. I am finding that cooking this way does not need to cost a ton of money. It does take a bit more time. I think that is one of the greatest problems in my life. I am too busy to cook. I don't take the time to feed myself or my family properly. I am trying to change that.
On Thursday, William said that he would like to come home for dinner and try some of my food. I flipped through my book and found the perfect dinner combo. I made California rolls (no crab), corn relish and a cucumber-mint salad. It was so fun learning how to make a sushi roll. I bought the little seaweed papers and made it happen. Of course, most of the magic is in the presentation. William came home and was so impressed. We sat and talked with each other. Had a nice cup of tea with our meal and gazed into each others eyes. It was great.
Best part...he said that he loved it and would eat it again with me. He also gave me two thumbs up. I ended my night with a session of yoga with the other man in my world. Loving taking care of the boys (the girl was at a sleepover).
California Rolls
2 nori sheets
2 ts. mellow white miso
2 c. alfalfa sprouts
1/2 ripe avocado thinly sliced
1/4 cucumber seeded and sliced lengthwise
1/4 c carrots grated
1/4 red bell pepper cut lengthwise into thin strips
sauce for dipping
lay a sheet, spread 1 t. of miso across the nori sheet horizontally. Layer half onto the sheet. Roll tight with a bamboo mat (or a paper towel, white trash style like me). Use a little water on your finger to close the sheet. Repeat for the second. Cut into 6 slices. Present on a nice plate with some sauce (I use liquid amino's). Serve with a side of something yummy. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment