Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day 4

Day 3 recap-
Sorry to not give you the big update yesterday. Wednesdays are such a crazy day in my world. I have youth group until late. I got home at 10:30 and remembered that I hadn't done my reading yet. The house was dark and everyone was asleep, so I didn't want to turn on the lights. To make this whole thing worked, I did my reading in the closet. Oh, I had to have both dogs in there with me because they would sit and wine outside the door.

I am having some amazing conversations lately. My mind is feeling pretty open to discussion. Everywhere I turn there seems to be people of different faiths, ages, ideas, all around. Instead of just passing the opportunities, I am taking them. For not have any coffee in several days, I am very energetic.

Day 4-
I am trying the most unusual food combos. I has shrimp and sweet potato stir fry yesterday. Today it was kale and portobello mushrooms with broccoli slaw stir fry. I know that they sound weird, but they are very tasty. Madison is loving all the veggies. Can't get either of the men in the house on board, but that will come with time.

I went for a great walk with Becky today. The sun is (was) out. They sky is (was) blue. Thank God for the sunshine. I am not sure I could have made it another day of winter. The walked helped to stretch out my sore legs. The squats really kicked my butt. It was hard for me to even sit on the toilet. I am not sure if those muscle haven't been used in a long time or I really pulled something. The stretching is helping for sure. It feels as though energy is rushing through me. The last few days, I have felt pretty spacey. Today I felt as though I had a grasp on life.

Today I was in such a positive mood. I have been focusing on my prayer life. It has been pretty dry as of late. I can feel a reconnect happening between me and God. You would think that working at my church should make that connection easy, but it makes it harder. I spend so much time working for God that I forget to talk to him. Isn't that what we do in so many of our important relationships? We spend so much time trying to make them happy, that we forget to connect with them. This is a lesson that is hard for me to learn. When I love you, I "do" for you. That is my love language. The only problem is that I am usally so tired from working to please you, that I forget to say I love you. I forget to spent time with you. I forget what your language is. See, I believe that God just wants us to spend time with Him. To say "good morning" and "good night". As the creator of my life and the center of my world, you would think that that shouldnt be so hard for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment