Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 8- Going in the RAW

So, confession time...two nights ago, I FAILED. I ate two dinner rolls and guess what happened, I felt so sick! The good thing about cleansing out your system is that you can try different foods and see how your body responds to it. Bread does not work for me. I love the taste of a nice hot homemade roll but I hate the feel of thinking my stomach is going to explode. So, BREAD IS OUT.

At this point, I am doing all fruits and veggies. I am at about 80% raw. Smoothies for breakfast are doing it for me. I use almond milk instead of dairy. I have taken all dairy out of my system completely. No cheese, no milk, no cream. Sugar has been replaced with agave nectar. I have had a cup or two of coffee. I have been meat free for 8 days.

I can definitely feel my body changing. I have not weighed in, but i feel better. I am still tired though. I do yoga every morning and evening. Come to find out that Charlie is a fan of yoga. He is my partner in crime every session. I imagine that is going to start kicking in soon.

Now, for the journey part. I am finding that I can easily turn this into legalistic rules of what I can or can't eat. I have starting thinking about this challenge as a diet. Any time my mind goes that way, I fail in minutes. That is what happen with the roll. "I have been so good, I can have a roll, it won't hurt me." It did. Not only did I feel gross after but I was disappointed in myself. I made a commitment to myself and gave in after only 6 days.

I have made peace with it and I am moving on. That is where I give up the most. "I already messed up, so I might as well give up." Well, not this time! I have forgiven myself, affirmed myself and love myself enough to carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment