Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 13- Not so much


OK, so I tried to follow up my success from yesterday with yet another great meal. This one...not so much. On the menu was Cream of Cucumber Soup, Asia Sesame Slaw and a few cracker. I had a great time making my dinner, let's start with the good news. The slaw was to die for. It was cabbage, broccoli slaw, toasted sesame seeds with a dressing of sesame oil, vinegar and agave. Awesome! Now, the bad news...MY "soup" SUCKED! Out of 1-3 stars, William gave me a 3 on my presentation. On the texture, a 2. Flavor...1/2 star. Is that even a rating??? I have to give him some credit though, he tried it and smiled. He didn't day it sucked until I did. For being such good sports, I made the men a treat. Homemade ice cream, with a twist...
Stick with my on this one, it is a little over the top but worth trying:
GREEN VANILLA ICE CREAM
1 1/2 c Almond milk
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
2 T agave nectar
2 t vanilla extract
Ice
Mix all ingredients in the processor (less ice). Mix till smoothish. Add ice, mix till pretty smooth.
OMG- Charlie loved it. He asked how I made it green. When I told him it had "Popeye" spinach in it, he said " I want to eat this every day of my life". Now that makes a momma happy. It every hit was a home run, it wouldn't seem as cool when you REALLY hit it out of the park!
We ended the night with a viewing of FOOD INC. This is Williams first time seeing it. I think he is on my team now. Anyone how would like to use it, let me know. I am willing to lend it to fellow truth seekers. Oh, that is profound :)

No comments:

Post a Comment