Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 5

What an amazing day!

I woke up this morning ready to start this day off right. After getting the kids off to school, i got myself ready to do some yoga. I had the house quite. The snow was lightly falling. Everything was perfect. I did a 70 minute yoga session. I found a video at the library called "yoga for beginners". It takes you thought each of the moves helping to teach you proper form. Loved it!

Lunch was tofu stir fry. Great!

Finally, the night ended with a wonderful dinner with great friends. Our family went to dinner at the Breedens. They live here in Fruita with their 3 kids in a yurt. That has always been Williams dream for us to live in a yurt. The best part is that Amy eat all "raw". She has been teaching her family to live a more clean and healthy lifestyle. For dinner we had zucchini pasta (which really isn't pasta but raw zucchini cut with a pasta shredder). She made raw spaghetti sauce. UNREAL!! To finish off we had raw chocolate chip cookies. These aren't the kind you get in the rolled dough, they are all natural dehydrated cacao powder and cashew cookies. They were awesome. I left there with too many recipes to even tell and a new outlook on this challenge. After studies I have been doing, I could see this as a possible lifestyle. I am now reading "The Raw Life". We'll see...so many books...so little time:)

God is so good to provide a voice and guide for me.

For anyone interested in the sauce recipe...IT IS GOOD!!!

Raw Spaghetti Sauce
2 tomatoes
2 T EVOO
Several cloves of garlic
1/2 c sun dried tomatoes
Basil, Parsley, Oregano
maybe salt to taste
blend all in a processor- add water for consistency

No comments:

Post a Comment